News: New Swimming Pool at Ridgeway
Posted 18/06/2012 10:29:30
Tags: maidenhead private school, Swimming Pool
As Parents and pupils have noted, the renovation of the Ridgeway Swimming Pool is underway. It came as a bit of a surprise to us that our builders were able to make as prompt a start as they have, and progress is very rapid as can be seen by the picture, some 12 days into the project.
- length — 12m
- width — 6m
- depth 0.9m to 1.2m
- concrete, vinyl liner, surround platform 20m x 10m
- Air heating by direct oil fired air heating, 35KW. Sovelor Elite C30
- Water heating to 28 degrees, sand filter, automatic chemical dosing
- Cover details
- 19m x 9m, asymmetric placement over the pool to provide pool side changing, shower and toilet facilities.
- Cover slides back in warm weather to allow open air swimming.
- Frame will be white, double doors for entry at Sports Hall end, Fire door entry at Ridgeway end.
- The Ridgeway installation will have both ends fixed, with 3 of the centre sections movable.
We expect the pool to be commissioned for the start of the September term, with the cover being installed a few days later.
These are examples of the sort of cover our swimming pool will have:
A detailed swimming programme for our Ridgeway pupils will be developed over the next few weeks in time for publication for Parents' review prior to the start of the Autumn Term. The swimming season is expected to be all year around, though whether that includes December, January has yet to be confirmed!
- Allen Watson of Buttery and Watson for planning permission
- Neil McDonald for architect and professional advice