Mr Wilding’s Words Autumn 6
Claires Court Art staff host the ISA London West Art Exhibition each year in the Norden Farm barn, which makes a wonderful exhibition space for the art and design work of the 30+ schools in our region. Judging is completely independent, with the school invisible to the judges; the winners in each of the 20+ categories go forward to the ISA National Exhibition in Leeds in November.
We were delighted to gain three first places - Jake Ward’s Face portrait in the KS4 Art category, Rafe Storr’s KS4 sketchbook from Senior Boys, and a fantastic double in the KS5 Photography category for Zainab Saleem.
Overall the Claires Court contribution was recognised with the following outcomes:
- Jake Ward - 1st Place 2D Art Individual
- Rafe Storr - 1st Place KS 3 and 4 Sketchbooks
- Isobel Carlson - 2nd Place KS4 Drawing
- Zainab Saleem - 1st and 2nd Place KS5 Photography
- Jasmine Parr - Highly commended KS4 Textiles
- Joseph Walton - 2nd Place KS5 Drawing
- Joshua Sharma - 2nd Place KS2 Drawing
- Bethan Garrett - 2nd Place EYFS 2D Art
- Chloe Giles - 2nd Place KS1 and 2 Photography
- Victoria Jesseman - Highly Commended KS1 and 2 Photography
- Lola Visser - Highly Commended Self-portrait
Year 9's Biology work creating models of specialised cells was completed this week, making use of the many and varied contents of the home kitchen cabinet and garages. Here’s one example of the human cell made using jelly, presumably edible?
This is an example of dual coding, one of the six strategies for effective learning promoted by the Learning Scientists, and regularly in use here at Claires Court.
World Book Day 2023 - Celebrating Books and Reading for Pleasure
World Book Day has been an absolute delight this year, and w...Read more