Mrs Wilding's Words Autumn 11
The nursery classes have been learning about animals which inhabit the polar region. This seems good planning to me considering the drop in temperature this week! I walked into rooms to see children hammering blocks of ice to release polar bears, penguins, arctic foxes and whales to name but a few, playing with magic snow and generally enjoying related small world activities. On the subject of cold weather please send your children in wearing warm coats, hats, scarves and mittens which all need to be named.
New children have been visiting the nursery rooms this week and have been made to feel very welcome by your little ones, which is lovely to see.
December arrives and Christmas is upon us. Trees seem to have magically arrived in the classrooms, the children are busily making all sorts of seasonal things and decorations are everywhere! Transition children have started some Christmas crafts, their room is looking very jolly and there is a buzz of excitement about everything they are doing.
We will all be getting into the swing of things for Christmas, doing lots of related crafts, and are looking forward to going over to the main hall with the children to watch the Junior Girls Nativity on Thursday morning. A big thank you to all who have donated biscuits for the Salvation Army Christmas hampers which will be given to local families in need. We will continue collecting until Thursday.
- Friday 8 December is Christmas jumper day so if you wish to donate £1.00 and send your child in wearing something festive the money will go to “Save the children”.
- Monday 11 December is our dress rehearsal so we would like all children to attend even if it is not a regular session (no charge). Please arrive at the usual start time and collect at 12.00 if this is an additional session.
- Tuesday 12 December is our Nursery Department production so please can all children arrive at 8.30am so that we can settle and change them whilst you go over to the main school hall for refreshments and the Junior Girls Nativity.
- Thursday 14 December - The Nursery Christmas entertainment morning to which all Nursery children are invited to attend even if they do not usually come on a Thursday. The children may wear party clothes for the occasion. The PTA is very kindly funding a children’s entertainer.
- Friday 15 December at 11.15 am we have our Christmas carols and songs to which the parents are invited. If your child does not usually come on Fridays please join us at 11.15am in the Chapel (pass the offices in the main school foyer, through the door, up the stairs and the Chapel is immediately in front of you). We will send slips home which we would be grateful if you could return as soon as possible with your seat numbers.
- Please check your email during the final week of term as we will be sending the “2Build a profile” observations we have carried out this half term. It would be really helpful if you could acknowledge receipt via 2Build.