Mrs Wilding's Words Autumn 12
Christmas has arrived in the classrooms with the children decorating baubles, playing with magic snow, creating stained glass pictures, reindeer hats, cone shaped trees, clay decorations and cards, to name but a few of the wonderful things they have made and which you are sure to enjoy when they bring them home at the end of term.
We had a very busy Open Morning on Tuesday so many thanks for your kind recommendations. Your children were a brilliant advertisement and the Junior Girls did a tremendous job showing the visitors the Nursery Department.
We had a lovely time yesterday when the Lower Junior Girls entertained us to their production “Lights, Camel, Action!” The children were spellbound and sat mesmerised throughout, with many of them recounting the story of the nativity on our return to the classrooms.
Christmas Jumper Day today has been so exciting for everyone and our Department raised £35.50 for "Save the Children" so many thanks. The morning started with a small farm, "Basil and Crew", arriving and the children enjoying petting the animals, followed by the arrival of Father Christmas at the front of the school and for children in Transition a wonderful Christmas lunch in the dining room. As always a huge thank you goes to the PTA for funding all these amazing experiences.
It really is a magical time of year and never more so than seeing the children on the stage singing to their parents. We look forward to seeing you all on Tuesday 12 December in the Main School Hall. Please take your seats before 9.00am and enjoy the Lower Junior Girls’ Nativity whilst we get the Nursery children dressed and ready to perform. If you are unable to arrive before 9.00am then please wait outside the hall until the “Lights, Camel, Action!” has finished as the Lower Juniors production is being filmed. When they finish the doors will be opened to allow you in. After the performance please remain in the hall for refreshments which will allow us time to get the children back to their rooms and out of their costumes before you collect them. Seeing parents on the walkway as we return can cause upset. Of course if your child is booked in for the Tuesday sessions they may stay until their usual collection time.
- Monday 11 December is our dress rehearsal so we would like all children to attend even if it is not a regular session (no charge). Please arrive at the usual start time and collect at 12.00 if this is an additional session.
- Tuesday 12 December – see above.
- Thursday 14 December - The Nursery Christmas entertainment morning to which all Nursery children are invited to attend even if they do not usually come on a Thursday. The children may wear party clothes for the occasion. The PTA is very kindly funding a children’s entertainer.
- Friday 15 December is the end of term and at 11.15am we have our Christmas carols and songs to which the parents are invited. If your child does not usually come on Fridays you are welcome to join us at 11.15am in the Chapel (pass the offices on your right in the main school foyer, through the door, up the stairs and the Chapel is immediately in front of you). We have sent slips home which we would be grateful if you could return as soon as possible with your seat numbers.
- Please check your email towards the end of the week as I will be sending the “2Build a profile” observations we have carried out this half term. It would be really helpful if you could acknowledge receipt via 2Build.
And finally, as this will be my last Bulletin this term, I wish everybody a wonderfully happy, healthy and peaceful Christmas.
World Book Day 2023 - Celebrating Books and Reading for Pleasure
World Book Day has been an absolute delight this year, and w...Read more