Mrs Wilding's Words Lent 6
The nursery rooms have talked about water in the home, bathing dolls and cleaning their kitchen equipment. They have created pictures on foil and used metallic paints to decorate their number fives. Transition children have been learning about what lives in water and whether the creatures have lungs or gills and have been busy making fish from bottles.
We have had some lovely conversations about who we love and I hope that you adore the Valentine cards all the children have made for you.
During the week commencing 19 February the nursery children will be learning about “oceans and seas”, the colour blue, the number 6 and the letter b. Any small toys incorporating blue would be ideal as their “Show and Tell” item this week. Transition children will be learning about “travelling on water” and the letter f. Remember the weekend is the ideal time to talk to your children about our topic and to encourage them to find things to bring in which you have talked about together.
We wish everybody a very happy half term holiday and look forward to seeing everyone rested and ready for the start of spring.
- PLEASE BOLT THE NURSERY METAL GATE BEHIND YOU AT ALL TIMES.
- The Cold Cookery activity on Wednesday afternoon after half term will be pitta bread pizza and we will use pitta breads, grated cheese, tomato puree and mushrooms.
- Please use healthy options food in your child's lunch box and avoid items such as sweet biscuits, chocolates and sweets, high fat foods and nut related products. Cut spherical shaped items such as grapes into quarters to reduce the risk of choking.
- The playground focus will be mark making and traditional ring games.
- Please check the labels in your child’s uniform as several named jumpers have gone missing and return as soon as possible.
- Check your email as the “2build a profile” observations of your child for this half term have been sent to you. We appreciate acknowledgement of receipt and any comments about your child.