Mrs Wilding's Weekly Words Autumn 9
This week and next
The Nursery have been having fun learning about migration and particularly birds, and have created some very colourful and feathery specimens.
The week commencing 19 November the three Nursery classes will discuss and listen to stories and information about “seasonal changes” and do a range of related crafts. Their number is 9, the colour is white and the letter is a.
Family Observations Module
Parents sometimes ask me how they can add their own observations of their child having one of those “wow” moments to the observations file I send you each half term so I have taken some words from the "2build a profile" website which might help you. The NEW Family Observations module lets learners’ parents and family members take an active role in contributing to the “2build a profile” observation portfolio!
- Parents submit photos or videos to a special email address.
- Once the observations are submitted to 2BAP, they are to be approved by teachers before they are entered into the learner’s observation portfolio.
- During the approval process, teachers can read/change parent comments, add comments of their own and add framework objectives.
How are Family Observations submitted?
The observations are emailed to 2BAP by the family member. This can be done by:
- Replying to the standard PDF Learning Journey that has been sent to you at the end of each half term, including a photo in the reply.
- Any parent that is registered to receive PDFs can email email@example.com directly with the observation. The observation will automatically be allocated to the correct child (in the case where more than one learner is associated with an email, the email should contain the name of the child in the subject).
What happens after submitting a family observation?
- Once a submission is processed successfully, the teacher is notified by email (if a teacher email is set up under that class in parent share area) and a notification appears on the home page of the Web Suite.
- If a submission is not processed successfully, an email is sent to the person submitting, informing them that there was an issue. This could be due to reasons such as a photo being too small or just that there was no attachment.
Reminders and Advance Notice
Travelling Books will be at our book fair in the Claires Court Senior Girls Library on Wednesday 21 and Thursday 22 between 9 a.m and 5.15 p.m. so if you wish to stock up for Christmas presents do pop in.
Nursery Christmas Production - please return your seating requests and your child’s costume as soon as possible.
Preparing your child for primary school is an exciting, but busy, time for parents. An important part of your plans should be checking that your child is up-to-date with their immunisations. Please visit www.nhs.uk/vaccinations for more information.
The Nursery department will be contributing to the Christmas hampers organised by Junior and Senior Girls for families in need in our area. These will be collected by the Salvation Army towards the end of term. I will put a large box in the Nursery Hall for biscuits and look forward to your generous donations for those less fortunate than ourselves. Thank you in advance.
With Christmas rapidly approaching any cardboard tubes from rolls of wrapping paper will be gratefully received as during the year we do a range of craft activities for which these are ideal.
World Book Day 2023 - Celebrating Books and Reading for Pleasure
World Book Day has been an absolute delight this year, and w...Read more