Mrs Wilding’s Weekly Words Autumn 11
The nursery classes have been learning about warm clothing and practising putting on scarves, hats, mittens and gloves this week and on the subject of cold weather please send your children in wearing warm coats, hats, scarves and mittens which all need to be named. As always, they continue to practise their number skills, and the photo above shows the Honeycomb children counting out 10 animals from the larger group and taking turns in doing so.
With December arriving this weekend Christmas will soon be with us. There is already a buzz of excitement about everything the children are doing and I am sure trees will be arriving in the rooms very soon.
We will all be getting into the swing of things for Christmas, doing lots of related crafts, and are looking forward to going over to the main hall with the children to watch the Junior Girls Nativity on Thursday morning.
- Friday 14 December is Christmas jumper day so if you wish to donate £1.00 and send your child in wearing something festive, the money will go to charity 'Save The Children'.
- Monday 10 December is our dress rehearsal so we would like all children to attend even if it is not a regular session (no charge). Please arrive at the usual start time and collect at 12.00 if this is an additional session.
- Tuesday 11 December is our Nursery Department production so please can all children arrive at 8.30 so that we can settle and change them whilst you go over to the main school hall for refreshments and the Junior Girls Nativity.
- Monday 17 December - The Nursery Christmas entertainment morning to which all Nursery children are invited to attend even if they do not usually come on a Monday. The children may wear party clothes for the occasion. The PTA is very kindly funding a children’s entertainer.
- Wednesday 19 December - at 11.15 am we have our Christmas carols and songs to which the parents are invited. If your child does not usually come on Wednesdays please join us at 11.15am in the Chapel (pass the offices in the main school foyer, through the door, up the stairs and the Chapel is immediately in front of you). We will send slips home which we would be grateful if you could return as soon as possible with your seat numbers.
- REQUEST Please check the name inside your child's jumper as we have some named ones missing. Thank you.
World Book Day 2023 - Celebrating Books and Reading for Pleasure
World Book Day has been an absolute delight this year, and w...Read more