Mrs Wilding’s Weekly Words Autumn 12
Christmas has arrived in the classrooms with the children decorating trees, playing with magic snow, creating calendars, making reindeer food, Santa napkins, clay decorations and cards, to name but a few of the wonderful things they have done which you are sure to enjoy when they bring them home at the end of term.
We had a very busy Open Morning on Tuesday so many thanks for your kind recommendations. Your children were a brilliant advertisement and the Junior Girls and Boys did a tremendous job bringing the visitors to the Nursery Department.
Zog arrived on Wednesday morning and gave the children a fun packed session all about books and the joys of reading. The children listened really well to the Zog story and had cuddles with the dragon afterwards. A big thank you goes to the RBWM Libraries Outreach and Events team.
We had a lovely time yesterday when the Lower Junior Girls entertained us to their production “Born in a Barn”. The children were spellbound and sat mesmerised throughout, with many of them recounting the story of the nativity on our return to the classrooms.
Your Christmas card orders have arrived and sent home with your children so please check their bags.
It really is a magical time of year and never more so than seeing the children on the stage singing to their parents. We look forward to seeing you all on Tuesday 11 in the Main School Hall. Please take your seats before 9.00am and enjoy the Lower Junior Girls’ Nativity whilst we get the Nursery children dressed and ready to perform. If you are unable to arrive before 9.00 a.m. then please wait outside the hall until “Born in a Barn” has finished as the Lower Juniors production is being filmed. When they finish, the doors will be opened to allow you in. After the performance, please remain in the hall for refreshments which will allow us time to get the children back to their rooms and out of their costumes before you collect them. Seeing parents on the walkway as we return can cause upset. Of course, if your child is booked in for the Tuesday sessions they may stay until their usual collection time.
Please do not send in “Show and Tell” items between now and the end of term.
- Monday 10 December is our dress rehearsal so we would like all children to attend even if it is not a regular session (no charge). Please arrive at the usual start time and collect at 12.00 if this is an additional session.
- Tuesday 11 December – see above
- Friday 14 December – Christmas Jumper Day for “Save the Children”. Please donate £1.00 (or more if you wish) for this worthy cause.
- Monday 17 December - The Nursery Christmas entertainment morning to which all Nursery children are invited to attend even if they do not usually come on a Monday. The children may wear party clothes / Christmas jumpers for the occasion. The PTA is very kindly funding a children’s entertainer.
- Wednesday 19 December is the end of term and at 11.15 am we have our Christmas carols and songs to which the parents are invited. If your child does not usually come on Wednesdays you are welcome to join us at 11.15 am in the Chapel (pass the offices on your right in the main school foyer, through the door, up the stairs and the Chapel is immediately in front of you). We have sent slips home which we would be grateful if you could return as soon as possible with your seating requirements.
World Book Day 2023 - Celebrating Books and Reading for Pleasure
World Book Day has been an absolute delight this year, and w...Read more