Mrs Wilding's Weekly Words Autumn 11
The Nursery and Transition classes have been learning about the polar regions and practising putting on scarves, hats, mittens and gloves this week. Magic snow has appeared in all the rooms along with arctic animals and a range of related small world toys which the children have thoroughly enjoyed exploring. Pictures of penguins and trees in snow have been created and look amazing. Children rescued penguins which were frozen in ice and had a lot of fun in the process. On the subject of cold weather please send your children in wearing warm coats, hats, scarves and mittens which all need to be named.
With December starting this weekend Christmas will be on the way. There is already a buzz of excitement about everything the children are doing and I am sure trees will be arriving in the rooms very soon.
We will all be getting into the swing of things for Christmas, doing lots of related crafts, and are looking forward to going over to the main hall with the children to watch the Junior Girls Nativity dress rehearsal on Tuesday afternoon.
- The Nursery Department are collecting biscuits for families in need in our local area. A box is available in the Nursery Hall for your kind donations which will be collected by the Salvation Army along with the boxes of other items collected by other classes in the school. Thank you in advance.
- Friday 13 December is Christmas Jumper Day so if you wish to donate £1.00 and send your child in wearing something festive the money will go to “Save the children”.
- Monday 9 December is our dress rehearsal so we would like all children to attend even if it is not a regular session (no charge). Please arrive at the usual start time and collect at 12.00 noon if this is an additional session.
- Tuesday 10 December is our Nursery Department production so please can all children arrive at 8.30am so that we can settle and change them whilst you go over to the main school hall for refreshments and the Junior Girls Nativity.
- Monday 16 December - The Nursery Christmas entertainment morning to which all Nursery children are invited to attend even if they do not usually come on a Monday. The children may wear party clothes for the occasion. The PTA is very kindly funding a children’s entertainer.
- Wednesday 18 December at 11.15am we have our Christmas carols and songs to which the parents are invited. If your child does not usually come on Wednesdays please join us at 11.15am in the Chapel (pass the offices in the main school foyer, through the door, up the stairs and the Chapel is immediately in front of you). We will send slips home which we would be grateful if you could return as soon as possible with your seat numbers.
- Please check your email during the final week of term as we will be sending the “2Build a profile” observations we have carried out this half term. It would be really helpful if you could acknowledge receipt via 2Build.
World Book Day 2023 - Celebrating Books and Reading for Pleasure
World Book Day has been an absolute delight this year, and w...Read more