Mrs Wilding's Weekly Words Autumn 12
Christmas has arrived in the classrooms with the children decorating trees, playing with magic snow, creating calendars, making reindeer food, Santa napkins, clay decorations and cards, to name but a few of the wonderful things they have done, and which you are sure to enjoy when they bring them home at the end of term. With December here so is the cold weather so please ensure that your child has a suitably warm coat, hat, scarf and mittens which should all be named.
We had our Nursery specific Open Morning on Tuesday so many thanks for your kind recommendations. Your children were a brilliant advertisement and the Junior girls did a tremendous job bringing the visitors to the Nursery Department.
We had a lovely time on Tuesday afternoon when the Lower Junior Girls entertained us with the dress rehearsal of their production “Lights Camel Action 2 – The Sequin” The children were spellbound and sat mesmerised throughout.
It really is a magical time of year and never more so than seeing the children on the stage singing to their parents. We look forward to seeing you all on Tuesday 10 December in the Main School Hall. Please take your seats before 9am and enjoy the Lower Junior Girls’ Nativity whilst we get the Nursery children dressed and ready to perform. If you are unable to arrive before 9am then please wait outside the hall until “Lights Camel Action 2 – The Sequin” has finished as the Lower Juniors production is being filmed. When they finish the doors will be opened to allow you in. After the performance please remain in the hall for refreshments which will allow us time to get the children back to their rooms and out of their costumes before you collect them. Seeing parents on the walkway as we return can cause upset. Of course if your child is booked in for the Tuesday sessions they may stay until their usual collection time but it is recommended that you refrain from coming to see them in the classroom as this can cause upset if you leave without them. Parking on College Avenue within the residents parking area is only restricted between 11am – 1pm so parking should be available in the area for the duration of our show.
Please do not send in “Show and Tell” items between now and the end of term.
- Monday 9 December is our dress rehearsal so we would like all children to attend even if it is not a regular session (no charge). Please arrive at the usual start time and collect at 12pm if this is an additional session.
- Tuesday 10 December – see above
- Friday 13 December – Christmas Jumper Day for “Save the Children”. Please donate £1.00 (or more if you wish) for this worthy cause.
- Monday 16 December - The Nursery Christmas entertainment morning (8:30am – 12pm) to which all Nursery children are invited to attend even if they do not usually come on a Monday. The children may wear party clothes for the occasion. The PTA is very kindly funding a children’s entertainer.
- Wednesday 18 December is the end of term and at 11.15am we have our Christmas carols and songs to which the parents are invited. If your child does not usually come on Wednesdays you are welcome to join us at 11.15am in the Chapel (pass the offices on your right in the main school foyer, through the door, up the stairs and the Chapel is immediately in front of you). We will be sending slips home which we would be grateful if you could return as soon as possible with your seat numbers.