Miss Barlow's Weekly Words Autumn 7
1st half term has been and gone.... wow!
The girls have achieved so much this half term, I'm not sure where to start. So far this academic year...
- Year 6 travelled to Osmington Bay for their annual field trip
- Year 5 enjoyed their residential Outward Bound trip to Marchant's Hill
- Year 4 took a trip to Hampton Court
- At the River Rye, Year 2 learned about the different types of trees and took part in pond dipping
- Halloween'en came early to Reception
- Lower Juniors enjoyed the Henley Literary Festival with Andy Riley
- Reception collected conkers with Junior Boys in the Thicket
- The girls performed our first production - our Harvest Festival
- Year 6 became 'Big Girls' to our Reception 'Little Girls'
- Responsibilities were announced including: Head Girl, Deputy Head Girl, House & Sports Captains, Pupil Voice leaders and representatives, Peer Mediators, Reading Ambassadors and Cloakroom Monitors (who have had such a great influence - it has to be said!)
- Winners were crowned at the ISA Art competition and the 'Maidenhead and Me' art competition
- Hockey and Netball matches against other schools commenced
- Fireworks Night went off with a bang!
- Our Kindness Wall has filled up
- ...and not to mention the fantastic writing, reading, maths, science, artwork, drama, PE, swimming, history, geography, PSHEE and music work which has been achieved in the classroom!
All this and in just 6 weeks?!
This half term had been incredibly successful and I have been so proud of how each pupil has approached their work and risen to every challenge. We have much to look forward to next term and I know the girls will continue to build on the achievements of the past 6 weeks.
I hope you all have a wonderful half term break and I look forward to seeing you in a couple of week's time.
CHRISTMAS PANTO - for those who would like to know, we are going to see 'Sleeping Beauty' at the Theatre Royal, Windsor.
Merit Certificates Phoebe Olsen-Newell (Reception), Sophia Lyne (Year 1), Florence McArdle (Year 2), Lucy Philp (Year 3), Charlene Fleischer & Rose Hyde (Year 4) and Laranya Clacher-Chopra (Year 5)
Bunny Awards Willow Burnett (Reception) for always listening and following the golden rules, and Year 6 for the being brilliant on their Osmington Bay trip.