THE RIDGEWAY PROJECT
In 2014 Claires Court commenced a period of consultation involving:
- Parents of pupils.
- Local residents.
- Community groups/leaders within the relevant Maidenhead areas.
- The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead.
- Pupils, staff and other stakeholders.
Newsletters with feedback forms were distributed to 15,000 households in the Borough and to the school’s families and notices and editorial appeared in the local paper.
With two exhibitions across five days held at the school and in the local community the consultation sought to:
- Understand the community’s aspirations for the future of the site.
- Present the proposals and clearly answer any queries.
- Listen to the community’s feedback on our plans.
In a dedicated area of the school website there was further information about the proposals and a response form for feedback.
A change to the scheme saw further community engagement in 2016 and a public exhibition in July of that year, residents, parents and other stakeholders were able to engage and ask questions to the project team and technical specialists and feedback on the proposals via a form with a newsletter and the dedicated area of the website.
The engagement programme for Claires Court has involved an extensive and ongoing dialogue with local residents and stakeholders from January 2014 until December 2017. The comments and feedback received have been reviewed and issues raised have been responded to in the final proposed scheme.