New Campus Design
The new campus will sit alongside the existing school facilities at Ridgeway and offer a purpose built environment conducive to high quality education.
The whole site masterplan has been fundamental in guiding the new campus design to ensure the best possible offer to the Ridgeway site, the school community and to local residents.
Benefits of the New School
- Modern classrooms and teaching resources with enhanced science, creative arts and drama facilities
- The retention of Ridgeway House as the Junior Boys’ school
- Retention of the diamond shaped model of education (single gender education for girls and boys at Junior and Senior level and co-ed at Nursery and Sixth Form)
- Reduced school related traffic around Maidenhead
- New roundabout and significant improved road infrastructure
- Car and coach parking areas with a parent drop off zone
- Significant boundary landscaping and planting of trees and hedges
- An environmental garden and ecological habitat area
- Protection of views from Cannon Lane
- Overhead power cables will be hidden
- Space for community use such as allotments
- A number of means tested school places for those families not normally able to afford a Claires Court Education
- Provide two acres of land for use by the local community at the Cannon Lane site. The uses will be decided in consultation with local residents and could include allotments or public open space.
- Buildings that meet current energy grade ratings
The new sports pitches and outdoor facilities at Claires Court will include:
- All weather hockey/football pitches
- Grass rugby and football pitches
- Athletics track
- A multi-use games area (MUGA)
- An outdoor classroom
- The Tennis/netball courts
- Landscaped social areas and pods
- Central quadrangle with an amphitheatre style courtyard
- A cricket pitch
Claires Court are delighted to have teamed up with the Maidenhead Hockey Club to allow the club access to the excellent sports facilities during evenings and weekends.
Like the school, we see this as marvellous opportunity to consolidate all our activities into one location. This will ensure our future and enable the club to grow whilst continuing to provide a range of opportunities for adults and young people to participate in and enjoy hockey to the full Maidenhead Hockey Club
Maidenhead hockey club
The school will continue to seek other community groups and sports teams with an interest in sharing the new facilities.
Environment and Sustainability
Consolidation of staff, pupils and school resources will create a more efficient environment. There will be a greatly reduced demand for energy and maintenance, as two of the current sites, with energy ratings of F and G, will be replaced with buildings rated B or higher. The buildings will have a BREEAM (sustainability assessment) target of ‘very good’.
The move to a single campus will substantially reduce traffic across the centre of Maidenhead at peak and other times. On site there will be ample parking and drop-off/pick-up areas for cars and coaches/buses, as well as two covered cycle storage areas.
Read NextNew Homes
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org