Lead Instructor, Outdoor Education
We are seeking to appoint a highly committed and self-motivated instructor, to join our Outdoor Education department based at Senior Boys, but delivering across all divisions within the School, from February 2019.
This is an exciting new role and we are looking for an inspirational individual who can lead, inspire and support the Head of Outdoor Education in developing the department.
This is a full-time post working 40 hours per week, term time only (including published INSET days). The hours of the post vary with the seasons and the department’s activities – weekend and school holiday work will be required to support fixtures, expeditions and trips.
The successful candidate will have / hold:-
- Excellent sailing skills
- Experience in coaching sailing, including RYA Dingy Instructor, as a minimum; and will ideally hold higher NGB qualifications including Senior Instructor, Race Coach and MLTB/SLUK walking awards
- Experience of managing and developing staff
- The ability to build excellent working relationships with students and colleagues
- A flexible approach to work, with the ability to work outside normal working hours, as some weekend and evening work will be required
- Must hold a full D1 driving license and ideally hold a D1+E CPC license, or be able to obtain within 6 months of starting the role
In return we offer a positive working environment, with supportive colleagues and regular opportunities for professional development and training.