Supporting Families and Children In Gambia
Through the kind help of a former member of staff, Robert Leder, Claires Court is supporting 'Charity Pearl The Gambia' in its efforts to make substantial improvements to day to day life in the Brufut area of The Gambia.
Charity Pearl The Gambia is an organisation that has been helping families and children from a disadvantaged background in the Brufut area of The Gambia since 2012. The Gambia is an impoverished country where many parents are illiterate so the education of their children is essential to empower them to gain skills to earn a living and help support their families, which they do by:
- Helping vulnerable and underprivileged children
- Improving the quality of life for families
- Promoting and helping to provide education, for children from pre-school to High School
Their current focus is the building of an Education Centre, which will provide:
- A day care centre
- A nursery and kindergarten
- Teacher training programmes
- Female empowerment projects
Bookmark this blog to stay informed of our fundraising activities and how you can support the students in their endeavours to help others.