Transport Terms & Conditions
The coach timetable for the forthcoming Academic Year is based on our expected pupil requirements. However, it may be necessary for amendments to be made to the routing once we have assessed the demand. The stops itemised will be used, but may be moved between the routes if appropriate. We ask for your co-operation on this and in turn will advise any changes as quickly as possible.
To book regular transport, please use our booking site, and the terms and conditions of transport can be found in the Claires Court Transport Guide.
Please note: Where stops are available on the College route as well as other routes, girls and Sixth Formers are allocated to the College route. Space is at a premium on all routes and we thank you for your support with this.
Our Coach Code of Conduct has been written to make sure the journeys are as enjoyable and safe as possible for all students. Please read through the following Code of Conduct with your child(ren).
Code of conduct:
- Arrive at the bus stop five minutes before the pick up time
- Queue sensibly away from the road and remain socially distanced from other passengers
- Approach the bus only after it has come to a complete stop
- Board the bus calmly and do not push others
- Find your allocated seat and remain seated in it for the entire journey
- Do not stand during the journey
- Fasten the seatbelt for safety
- Do not distract the driver unless an emergency arises
- Do not damage the bus
- Do not eat or drink or litter on the bus
- Respect others
- Store bags sensibly and do not place bags on seats which are required for other passengers
- Follow the instructions of the bus driver
- When leaving the bus, do so calmly
- Ensure you take all your belongings with you
- If you have to cross the road after you get off the bus at the end of the day, wait until the bus has moved away and you can see the road clearly in both directions, or go to the nearest available crossing.
All School bus drivers have CRB/DBS Enhanced Disclosure Checks.
All School Buses are designated as ‘Bully Free Zones’ and the School Anti Bullying policy is in effect at all times.
The School Bus will not wait at the bus stop in the morning past the designated time as this will delay the route and may cause a late arrival at School for all passengers. Equally, it should not leave the stop early.
It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to ensure that the child is met from the coach at the end of the day. Neither the School nor the Coach Operator can be responsible for children from the point of reaching their appointed stop.
Under no circumstances is a bus driver allowed to leave the vehicle unattended.
Any new travel requirements must be made directly with Vectare via their booking system at clairescourt.vectare.co.uk and not the bus driver/operator.
Link coaches - please note: parents of Junior pupils should be aware that there is no school teacher on the link coach which departs from College Avenue in the afternoons to join the coaches departing from Senior Boys.
A pupil who behaves unreasonably or in a bullying manner towards another pupil while a passenger on the coach will be suspended from using the service for a reasonable period of time.
The School reserves the right to cancel the service due to inclement weather which might make the journey dangerous eg heavy snow and ice. The parent/guardian will be contacted as soon as the decision is made to cancel transport. The parent/guardian will be able to check this situation via the website/weather and travel telephone line and school notification system. In most cases this will correspond with the School also being closed.
Vehicles are organised on the basis of those we anticipate travelling for the year and therefore sufficient notice of cancellation is required. Parents are requested to give the School a term’s notice of cancellation of transport.
World Book Day 2023 - Celebrating Books and Reading for Pleasure
World Book Day has been an absolute delight this year, and w...Read more