Creativity on Display at the ISA London West Art Exhibition
To quote Pablo Picasso ‘every child is an artist’ and our pupils certainly demonstrated their artistic prowess when their work was displayed at the ISA London West Art Exhibition at Norden Farm Centre for the Arts last week.
The annual event, hosted by the Claires Court Art department, boasted an impressive exhibition of over 300 entries from 30 schools in the region, with the winners of each category going forward to the ISA National Exhibition in Leeds next month.
As a School, we were delighted to gain three first places with success for Sixth Formers Zainab, who took both 1st and 2nd place in the KS5 Photography category and Rafe, who was awarded first place for his sketchbook in the KS3/4 category. Senior Boy, Jake, secured first place in the 2D Art Individual category with his superb portrait.
Overall the Claires Court contribution was recognised with the following outcomes:
- Zainab Saleem - 1st and 2nd Place KS5 Photography
- Roshan Shepherd - Highly Commended KS5 Photography
- Jasmine Parr - Highly Commended KS4 Textiles
- Joseph Walton - 2nd Place KS5 Drawing
- Jake Ward - 1st Place 2D Art Individual
- Rafe Storr - 1st Place KS 3 and 4 Sketchbooks
- Isobel Carlson - 2nd Place KS4 Drawing
- Joshua Sharma - 2nd Place KS2 Drawing
- Bethan Garrett - 2nd Place EYFS 2D Art
- Chloe Giles - 2nd Place KS1 and 2 Photography
- Victoria Jesseman - Highly Commended KS1 and 2 Photography
- Lola Visser - Highly Commended Self-portrait
Joel Wareing, Senior Girls Head of Art, commented:
“Claires Court had a busy and successful day at the ISA Arts Competition, well done to all our winners!”