Our vision for a new campus
Our long and eagerly-awaited planning inquiry for the development of the Ridgeway site is nearly upon us, and we are calling for your help and support.
The proposed site is to bring us all together on a modern purpose-built single campus with sports astros and club house for the use of the school and to share with Maidenhead Hockey Club (and these appeals do not include housing).
The inquiry is with an independent planning inspector and it starts on 18 November.
We need you
Letters of support for the plans are welcomed by the inspector and help form a good picture of all the significant benefits affecting a wide-range of people in our community, particularly our pupils and families, staff, local residents and partners, that our plans bring.
We are calling on you to send a short email letter of support. Please send a personal and unique letter from different perspectives commenting on the benefits as you see them.
The significant benefits we know the new school campus and sports facilities would bring us all, as employees, teachers, students, local residents, business partners and members of the education and sporting community, include:
- Provision of choice of education at purpose-built contemporary single campus
- Provision of purpose-built and quality educational and sporting facilities for the Claires Court community
- Much improved travel plan associated with new accessible campus with improved access, parking and traffic control, and cycling provision, which also takes traffic, noise and congestion away from current sites which are situated in residential areas
- Provision of enhanced holiday club facilities and activities
- Reduced inefficiencies and environmental issues associated with the school being across three sites
- Retention and enhancement of the school’s economic footprint and contribution to the community
- Retention and enhancement of Claires Court as a significant employer in the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead
- Provision of teacher training and opportunities provided by the school
- New additional employment as a result of the construction and associated opportunities
- Provision and contribution to the borough of top class facilities for Maidenhead Hockey Club and other community use of mixed gender and age sport
- Protection of wildlife and amenities during and after construction
- Local finance considerations and contributions from the development and the future use.
For details of the plans, please visit http://schl.cc/9Q (application for school campus) or http://schl.cc/9R (outline planning application for sports pitches), or please see an overview on our website by clicking here.
Please help us and show your support now
As we celebrate our 60th year, we would dearly love to cement our plans to bring us all together at one-purpose-built, future-proof campus fit for our quality teaching and the families we care so much about.
Please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
By: Wednesday 17 November 2020
Include the relevant planning reference:
APP/TO355/W/20/3249117 – Claires Court School
APP/T0355/W/20/3249119 – Sports Pitches and Pavilion
It’d be really helpful if you could please tell us when you have done so at this very quick poll.
With best wishes
Hugh and James Wilding