Our vision for a new campus
Our long and eagerly-awaited planning inquiry for the development of the Ridgeway site took place in November 2020, and we'd like to thank everyone who has given help and support to the appeal.
The proposed site is to bring us all together on a modern purpose-built single campus with sports astros and club house for the use of the school and to share with Maidenhead Hockey Club (and these appeals do not include housing).
The inquiry is with an independent planning inspector.
Thank you for your letters of support
Letters of support for the plans are welcomed by the inspector and help form a good picture of all the significant benefits affecting a wide-range of people in our community, particularly our pupils and families, staff, local residents and partners, that our plans bring.
Many people recognise the benefits the plans would bring to the school and wider community, so we thank you for sending letters of support to the planning inspector.
The significant benefits we know the new school campus and sports facilities would bring us all, as employees, teachers, students, local residents, business partners and members of the education and sporting community, include:
- Provision of choice of education at purpose-built contemporary single campus
- Provision of purpose-built and quality educational and sporting facilities for the Claires Court community
- Much improved travel plan associated with new accessible campus with improved access, parking and traffic control, and cycling provision, which also takes traffic, noise and congestion away from current sites which are situated in residential areas
- Provision of enhanced holiday club facilities and activities
- Reduced inefficiencies and environmental issues associated with the school being across three sites
- Retention and enhancement of the school’s economic footprint and contribution to the community
- Retention and enhancement of Claires Court as a significant employer in the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead
- Provision of teacher training and opportunities provided by the school
- New additional employment as a result of the construction and associated opportunities
- Provision and contribution to the borough of top class facilities for Maidenhead Hockey Club and other community use of mixed gender and age sport
- Protection of wildlife and amenities during and after construction
- Local finance considerations and contributions from the development and the future use.
For details of the plans, please visit http://schl.cc/9Q (application for school campus) or http://schl.cc/9R (outline planning application for sports pitches), or please see an overview on our website by clicking here.
With best wishes
Hugh and James Wilding