Teacher of English (part-time)
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding teacher of English, from January 2021 or sooner, to join our highly committed and professional English Department, working at our Senior Boy’s school.
The successful candidate will be experienced at teaching English to pupils of all abilities across Key Stages 3 to 4. The post would suit an experienced practitioner who is committed to raising standards (NQT’s welcome with ideally three years’ experience) delivering excellent lessons and enthusing pupils through their passion for the subject. This is a part-time post, working at approximately 30% of timetable on Monday, Wednesday and Friday
To be successful in this role, you must be:-
- Suitably qualified with QTS in the appropriate age range and subject
- Able to plan and deliver high quality lessons across Key Stages 3 to 4
- Passionate in using your knowledge of current theory and practice in teaching and learning to provide highly effective curriculum delivery, in a stimulating and enjoyable way
- Ready to utilise the benefits of an independent curriculum that is innovative and flexible in terms of delivery and content
- An enthusiastic team player, willing to participate fully in the School’s extra-curricular programme and wider school life
- Engaged with the School's ethos, thinking creatively and reflectively within an open, honest and hardworking team.
Above all you must want the very best for our pupils and be prepared to put their needs first. You recognise the importance of educating the whole child within a broad curricular and co-curricular programme, and of achieving high standards. In return, we offer a positive working environment, with supportive colleagues and regular opportunities for professional development and training.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo Child Protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
In addition to an assessment of their ability to perform the duties of the post applied for, candidates invited to attend for interview should expect further discussion relating to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
To apply, please download an application form from our website and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please post completed forms to the following address (no agencies please):-
Claires Court Schools Ltd
1 College Avenue
Applications must be received by 12:00pm on Monday 2 November 2020. Please apply early as applications will be considered upon receipt; we reserve the right to interview/appoint prior to the closing date.
NB: CVs will not be accepted in place of an application form, but maybe submitted as additional supporting documentation.